6.2L Hellcat short Block
- Reviews (1)
Stock Mopar 6.2L Hellcat SRT8 Shortblock
The 6.2L Hellcat engine features a completely forged rotating assembly, unlike the stock 6.4L, 392 pistons which are hyperkinetic. From the factory this bottom end supports the Hellcat’s 707 crank horse power. Dodge is so confident in this configuration that it gives the Hellcat a 3 year / 36,000-mile powertrain warranty. The 6.2L features a 4.090" Bore & a 3.580" Stroke.
- Pistons: Hellcat pistons are forged aluminum, with increased radii in center for added strength. The wrist pins have a diamond like coating improving contact pressure capabilities. Slightly dished to lower compression to 9.5. Larger ring lands ensuring durability. Similar to the Apache piston, the skirts come coated. The skirts on the Hellcat piston are notably larger.
- Connecting Rod: The Hellcat rod is a full floating, powdered steel connecting rod with a bronze bushing. Chrysler upgraded the alloy for this rod over the stock 6.4L Apache. The top end of the connecting rod is tapered to reduce inertial mass.
- Crankshaft: Forged, micro polished, induction hardened, and fillet rolled! Every hellcat crank has the main journals measured and based on that measurement one of 3 custom main bearings is selected, ensuring that no matter the variance in tolerance the main bearing is a perfect fit.
- Block: The block is cast utilizing a high strength alloy and features water jackets that are extended to the piston’s bottom dead center location, providing optimal heat transfer capabilities. Additional material and webbing between the main bulk heads and on exterior faces add strength and rigidity.
Here is a Hellcat 6.2L Based Short Block Build with a 10lb Supercharger
A2Speed has every HEMI upgrade you could imagine. Search through a catalog of our favorite performance upgrades for each engine platform.SHOP NOW
Superchargers are the most cost-effective way of adding horsepower to a modern HEMI engine. We carry many different brands and types of superchargers.SHOP NOW
HEMI crate engines are a great addition to any “Resto Mod” project. We can find a way to HEMI swap just about any vehicle!SHOP NOW
- About Us
- What We Do
- How We Do It
- Our Quality
A2Speed’s GEN III HEMI BackgroundMany of us at A2Speed have been working on the Gen III since its inception. As a team we are immersed in the Hemi world. We own, drive, modify, race and occasionally…break them. We use this experience to create SOLUTIONS, not just parts. Automotive engineering has advanced such that it is often difficult to improve on the work done by the OEMs. Difficult, not impossible. Utilizing advanced 3D modeling, CFD and stress simulations coupled with rapid prototyping, allow for the development of specialized parts that would be impractical at OEM volumes. Solutions validated with real world testing. Craftsmen level quality; and because we don’t have the layered overhead, our prices are often at or below the OEM price.
Advanced Aerospace Grade MachiningProduction manufacturing is performed by partner companies that have proven track records for quality and timely deliveries. We look for certifications such as ISO-9001 and AS-9100 along with ITAR and GIDEP registrations. Several of the companies we work with regularly supply major aerospace firms and the DOD. Why use outside machining services? So that you get a better part at a better price. By utilizing only the machine cycles we need, and leveraging the superior skills and years of experience, A2Speed can give you exceptional quality at truly affordable prices.
Our company is guided by a set of core values and beliefs
- We know that we are a community, not a “market”.
- We recognize that we serve this community at the pleasure of its members.
- We understand the passions, challenges and rewards that drive the enthusiast.
- We believe that function drives form, improved performance improves appearance.
- We know that one company can’t do it all, therefore we value partnerships.
How This Applies to Our Customers
- We never settle for anything less than perfection.
- All of our parts are put under intense testing before being released to you
- You can feel secure because we use both our closest partners and our own cars to test A2Speed’s products
- Finally we know that just having a great product isn’t enough, thus we strive to offer superior customer service, and the lowest prices. Giving you the best experience possible from start to finish.
Edelbrock E-Force HEMI SuperchargersEdelbrock’s E-force HEMI supercharger kits deliver incredible horse power and torque while...
B & G Performance and A2Speed TuningB & G Performance and A2Speed have joined forces to provide you with the best tuning...
The Southern HotRod NAG1 HTC Transmission This transmission is recommend for SRT 8 Jeep builds with up to 850HP however this...
Thitek "Bear" GEN III HEMI Heads The THITEK GIIIH "Bear" is the first aftermarket available cylinder head for the Late Model Hemi...