Ray Barton / A2Speed 5.7L Based HEMI 392 Stroker Crate Engine
- Reviews (1)
5.7L to 6.4L, 392 CID HEMI Crate Engine
The 5.7L to 392 CID HEMI crate engine offers a completely forged short block as a base. Upgrading the bottom end with forged internals means that this motor can be made for both naturally aspirated and boosted applications. Removing the stock cast internals, and adding forged connecting rods, pistons, and crank make this engine ideal for nitrous builds as well.
Some Key Features Include:
- Forged Rotating Assembly
- Forged Diamond or CP-Carrillo Pistons
- Forged Molnar Crank
- Forged Molnar Connecting Rods
- CNC ported Heads by Thitek
- Hand Built in the USA by Ray Barton
- New Top of the Line Gasket & Seals
- Brand New OEM Parts and Accessories
- 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Warranty
A2Speed 5.7 to 392 HEMI Crate Engine Specs
This spec requires that the stock 5.7L bore and stroke be modified to increase the overall displacement. A standard 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty comes with each engine. Superchargers can be added to your order and preinstalled upon request.
- Displacement: 392 CID (6.4L)
- Bore: 3.920"
- Stroke: 4.080"
- Boosted Compression Ratio: 9.8 : 1
- Naturally Aspirated Compression Ratio: 11 : 1
- Warranty: 36 month / 36,000 mile
HEMI Rotating Assembly Components, Features, & Benefits:
A2Speed and Ray Barton only put top of the line products in our HEMI crate engines. This commitment to high performance components starts in the rotating assembly. The pistons, connecting rods, and crank shafts are all forged. We use CP-Carrillo or Diamond Pistons made of a 2618 aluminum alloy that handle high stress environments incredibly well. Both the Molnar crankshaft, and connecting rods are a forged 4340 material, that has been heat treated and shot peened to improve tensile strength and fatigue life.
- Molnar Forged Steel Crankshaft
- Molnar Forged H Beam Bushed Connecting Rods w/ARP 2000 Rod Bolts
- Standard and Boost Ready Options Available
- Diamond High Performance Forged 2618 Aluminum Pistons
- Piston Balance: 1 gram
- 2618 Alloy for Strength and Durability
- Duel Pin Oilers
- Contact Reduction Grooves
- Accumulator Grooves
- Forged Side Reliefs
- FEA Designed Forging
- ISO 9000 Certified
- X Style Forging
- Optional Piston Coatings
- Diamond High Performance Full Seal Piston Rings
- Chromoly Wrist Pins w/Wire Locks
- King Bearings ENSIM Designed Main and Rod Bearings
- Optional Coatings for Rod and Main Bearings
Creating Your HEMI Short Block:
- Machine Shop
- Verify Deck Surface
- Verify Bore Centerlines
- Hone Cylinders w/Honing Plate
- Install Billet Main Caps (Optional)
- Line Hone
- Supply and Install Plugs at Oil Squirters
- Clearance Block / Pistons (If Required)
- Balance Rotating Assembly
- Cut Crankshaft for Woodruff Key (If Required)
- Short Block Final Assembly
- Paint Block 6.1, 6.4: HEMI Orange, 5.7: Black
- Install ARP Main Studs
- Install Crankshaft and Main Bearings, Maintain 0.0003 – 1” Tolerance @ bearings and 0.0005" Runout
- Cut and Fit Piston Rings
- Install Pistons and Connecting Rods; Maintain 0.0003 – 1” tolerance @ bearings and 0.0005” tolerance @ piston to cylinder wall.
- Install Rear Main Seal
- CNC Ported Heads
- Replacement Oil Pump
- Comp Cam & Trend Chromoly Pushrods (Ray Barton Spec)
- Cometic Head Gaskets
- OEM Mopar Lifters & Yokes
A2Speed Thitek CNC Ported 5.7 HEMI Heads (Thitek Bear Heads Optional)
- CNC Port Heads
- Performance Valve Job (seats and valves shaped)
- PSI 1511 Springs
- Performance Valve Guide Preparation
- Hardened Steel Retainers
- Hardened Steel Locators
- Viton Valve Seals
- Capable of up to .650” Lift
Our HEMI Crate Engine Includes a Ray Barton / A2Speed Long Block Plus
- Stock OEM Mopar Balancer (ATI Super Dampers are Available)
- New Intake and Exhaust Gaskets from Cometic
- Stock OEM Oil Pan (Moroso or Milodon are Available)
- Stock OEM intake manifold
- Stock OEM Fuel Rails (A2Speed Fuel Rails are Recommended)
- Stock OEM Throttle Body (A2Speed Billet 85/90mm Throttle Bodies are Available)
- Fuel Injectors
- NGK Spark Plugs
- OEM Accessories (Dip Stick, Valve Covers, etc.)
A2Speed has every HEMI upgrade you could imagine. Search through a catalog of our favorite performance upgrades for each engine platform.SHOP NOW
Superchargers are the most cost-effective way of adding horsepower to a modern HEMI engine. We carry many different brands and types of superchargers.SHOP NOW
HEMI crate engines are a great addition to any “Resto Mod” project. We can find a way to HEMI swap just about any vehicle!SHOP NOW
- About Us
- What We Do
- How We Do It
- Our Quality
A2Speed’s GEN III HEMI BackgroundMany of us at A2Speed have been working on the Gen III since its inception. As a team we are immersed in the Hemi world. We own, drive, modify, race and occasionally…break them. We use this experience to create SOLUTIONS, not just parts. Automotive engineering has advanced such that it is often difficult to improve on the work done by the OEMs. Difficult, not impossible. Utilizing advanced 3D modeling, CFD and stress simulations coupled with rapid prototyping, allow for the development of specialized parts that would be impractical at OEM volumes. Solutions validated with real world testing. Craftsmen level quality; and because we don’t have the layered overhead, our prices are often at or below the OEM price.
Advanced Aerospace Grade MachiningProduction manufacturing is performed by partner companies that have proven track records for quality and timely deliveries. We look for certifications such as ISO-9001 and AS-9100 along with ITAR and GIDEP registrations. Several of the companies we work with regularly supply major aerospace firms and the DOD. Why use outside machining services? So that you get a better part at a better price. By utilizing only the machine cycles we need, and leveraging the superior skills and years of experience, A2Speed can give you exceptional quality at truly affordable prices.
Our company is guided by a set of core values and beliefs
- We know that we are a community, not a “market”.
- We recognize that we serve this community at the pleasure of its members.
- We understand the passions, challenges and rewards that drive the enthusiast.
- We believe that function drives form, improved performance improves appearance.
- We know that one company can’t do it all, therefore we value partnerships.
How This Applies to Our Customers
- We never settle for anything less than perfection.
- All of our parts are put under intense testing before being released to you
- You can feel secure because we use both our closest partners and our own cars to test A2Speed’s products
- Finally we know that just having a great product isn’t enough, thus we strive to offer superior customer service, and the lowest prices. Giving you the best experience possible from start to finish.
Why We Recommend American Racing Headers Exhaust SystemsAmerican Racing Headers is an industry leader in the aftermarket exhaust...
Gain up to 400 HP. This wet nitrous plate system comes out of the box ready to spray up to 200 HP but is capable flowing up to 400 HP...
Edelbrock’s all new 2650 HEMI supercharger kits.Edelbrock has brought a whole new line of HEMI supercharger kits with their all new...
B & G Performance and A2Speed TuningB & G Performance and A2Speed have joined forces to provide you with the best tuning...