Ray Barton / A2Speed 6.1L Based HEMI 426 Stroker Crate Engine
- Reviews (1)
6.1L to 7.0L 426 CID HEMI Crate Engine
The 6.1L to 7.0L, 426 CID HEMI crate engine comes with a completely forged bottom end. The upgraded forged internals allow this engine to handle large increases in horsepower. If you’re looking for a boosted motor, a 6.1L to 426 CID crate engine is a great way to go. This spec offers a very square geometry with plenty of cylinder wall thickness.Some Key Features Include:
- Forged Rotating Assembly
- Forged Diamond or CP-Carrillo Pistons
- Forged Molnar Crank
- Forged Molnar Connecting Rods
- CNC ported Heads by Thitek
- Hand Built in the USA by Ray Barton
- New Top of the Line Gasket & Seals
- Brand New OEM Parts and Accessories
- 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Warranty
A2Speed 6.1 to 426 HEMI Crate Engine Specs
This crate engine spec requires that both the stock bore and stroke are modified. It comes standard with a 3 year / 36,000-mile warranty, and can be built for both boosted and naturally aspirated applications. Supercharger kits can also be added and preinstalled upon request.
- Displacement: 426 CID (7.0L)
- Bore: 4.080"
- Stroke: 4.080"
- Boosted Compression Ratio: 9.8 : 1
- Naturally Aspirated Compression Ratio: 11 : 1
- Warranty: 36 month / 36,000 mile
HEMI Rotating Assembly Components, Features, & Benefits:
A2Speed and Ray Barton selected only top of the line components for these HEMI crate engines, starting first with the rotating assembly. We decided to go with Molnar forged 4340 connecting rods, and crankshafts. All of Molnar’s connecting rods, and crankshafts come heat treated and shot peened, effectively increasing tensile strength and fatigue life. For pistons we use either CP-Carrillo or Diamond forged 2618 pistons, both of which come standard with chromoly wrist pins. These parts ensure that your new HEMI crate engine can withstand anything you throw at it. Finally, there is no replacement for experienced, high quality professional engine assembly. There is no better choice than Ray Barton. He’s worked with HEMI’s for over 30 years now, is known by almost every avid Mopar fan.
- Molnar Forged Steel Crankshaft
- Molnar Forged H Beam Bushed Connecting Rods w/ARP 2000 Rod Bolts
- Standard and Boost Ready Options Available
- Diamond High Performance Forged 2618 Aluminum Pistons
- Piston Balance: 1 gram
- 2618 Alloy for Strength and Durability
- Duel Pin Oilers
- Contact Reduction Grooves
- Accumulator Grooves
- Forged Side Reliefs
- FEA Designed Forging
- ISO 9000 Certified
- X Style Forging
- Optional Piston Coatings
- Diamond High Performance Full Seal Piston Rings
- Chromoly Wrist Pins w/Wire Locks
- King Bearings ENSIM Designed Main and Rod Bearings
- Optional Coatings for Rod and Main Bearings
Creating Your HEMI Short Block:
- Machine Shop
- Verify Deck Surface
- Verify Bore Centerlines
- Hone Cylinders w/Honing Plate
- Install Billet Main Caps (Optional)
- Line Hone
- Supply and Install Plugs at Oil Squirters
- Clearance Block / Pistons (If Required)
- Balance Rotating Assembly
- Cut Crankshaft for Woodruff Key (If Required)
- Short Block Final Assembly
- Paint Block 6.1, 6.4: HEMI Orange, 5.7: Black
- Install Crankshaft and Main Bearings, Maintain 0.0003 – 1” Tolerance @ bearings and 0.0005" Runout
- Cut and Fit Piston Rings
- Install Pistons and Connecting Rods; Maintain 0.0003 – 1” tolerance @ bearings and 0.0005” tolerance @ piston to cylinder wall.
- Install Rear Main Seal
Our HEMI Long Block Includes a Ray Barton / A2Speed Short Block Plus
- CNC Ported Heads
- ARP Head Studs
- Replacement Oil Pump
- Comp Cam & Trend Chromoly Pushrods (Ray Barton Spec)
- Cometic Head Gaskets
- OEM Mopar Lifters & Yokes
A2Speed Thitek CNC Ported 5.7 HEMI Heads (Thitek Bear Heads Optional)
- CNC Port Heads
- Performance Valve Job (seats and valves shaped)
- PSI 1511 Springs
- Performance Valve Guide Preparation
- Hardened Steel Retainers
- Hardened Steel Locators
- Viton Valve Seals
- Capable of up to .650” Lift
Our HEMI Crate Engine Includes a Ray Barton / A2Speed Long Block Plus
- Stock OEM Mopar Balancer (ATI Super Dampers are Available)
- New Intake and Exhaust Gaskets from Cometic
- Stock OEM Oil Pan (Moroso or Milodon are Available)
- Stock OEM intake manifold
- Stock OEM Fuel Rails (A2Speed Fuel Rails are Recommended)
- Stock OEM Throttle Body (A2Speed Billet 85/90mm Throttle Bodies are Available)
- Fuel Injectors
- NGK Spark Plugs
- OEM Accessories (Dip Stick, Valve Covers, etc.)
A2Speed has every HEMI upgrade you could imagine. Search through a catalog of our favorite performance upgrades for each engine platform.SHOP NOW
Superchargers are the most cost-effective way of adding horsepower to a modern HEMI engine. We carry many different brands and types of superchargers.SHOP NOW
HEMI crate engines are a great addition to any “Resto Mod” project. We can find a way to HEMI swap just about any vehicle!SHOP NOW
- About Us
- What We Do
- How We Do It
- Our Quality
A2Speed’s GEN III HEMI BackgroundMany of us at A2Speed have been working on the Gen III since its inception. As a team we are immersed in the Hemi world. We own, drive, modify, race and occasionally…break them. We use this experience to create SOLUTIONS, not just parts. Automotive engineering has advanced such that it is often difficult to improve on the work done by the OEMs. Difficult, not impossible. Utilizing advanced 3D modeling, CFD and stress simulations coupled with rapid prototyping, allow for the development of specialized parts that would be impractical at OEM volumes. Solutions validated with real world testing. Craftsmen level quality; and because we don’t have the layered overhead, our prices are often at or below the OEM price.
Advanced Aerospace Grade MachiningProduction manufacturing is performed by partner companies that have proven track records for quality and timely deliveries. We look for certifications such as ISO-9001 and AS-9100 along with ITAR and GIDEP registrations. Several of the companies we work with regularly supply major aerospace firms and the DOD. Why use outside machining services? So that you get a better part at a better price. By utilizing only the machine cycles we need, and leveraging the superior skills and years of experience, A2Speed can give you exceptional quality at truly affordable prices.
Our company is guided by a set of core values and beliefs
- We know that we are a community, not a “market”.
- We recognize that we serve this community at the pleasure of its members.
- We understand the passions, challenges and rewards that drive the enthusiast.
- We believe that function drives form, improved performance improves appearance.
- We know that one company can’t do it all, therefore we value partnerships.
How This Applies to Our Customers
- We never settle for anything less than perfection.
- All of our parts are put under intense testing before being released to you
- You can feel secure because we use both our closest partners and our own cars to test A2Speed’s products
- Finally we know that just having a great product isn’t enough, thus we strive to offer superior customer service, and the lowest prices. Giving you the best experience possible from start to finish.
Edelbrock’s all new 2650 HEMI supercharger kits.Edelbrock has brought a whole new line of HEMI supercharger kits with their all new...
Thitek "Bear" GEN III HEMI Heads The THITEK GIIIH "Bear" is the first aftermarket available cylinder head for the Late Model Hemi...
The Ray Barton / A2Speed 6.4L to 7.0L 426 HEMI Crate EngineThe 6.4L, 392 CID to 426 CID HEMI crate engines are completely forged, and...
B & G Performance and A2Speed TuningB & G Performance and A2Speed have joined forces to provide you with the best tuning...