A2Speed HEMI Valve Cover With Self Draining Air Oil Seperator
- Reviews (1)
- Related Products (1)
A2Speed HEMI Valve Cover
A2Speed is proud to announce the first in a long line of innovative products. Our valve cover incorporates a self draining air oil separator. No more keeping up with the inconvenience of dumping your catch can. Our valve cover fits all GEN III HEMI motors, including the Thitek aftermarket heads. It even keeps the stock O-Rings!
- The system has an optional integrated air-oil separator. The Air Oil Separator mounts to the valve cover where it drains directly back into your Hemi Engine. The Air Oil Separator utilizes a built in check valve to ensure that no raw crankcase atmosphere is drawn from the valve covers to your intake manifold. The internal filter utilizes a special Phenolic material only found in our air oil separators to handle the extreme thermal requirements represented by an engines oil.
- The cover is clearanced for high lift cams, and has about 120 thousands room for milling additional clearance if required.
- The cross sectional thickness of the lower “half pipe” is designed to allow for an AN fitting to be installed, above the rockers, for oil return applications. Great for turbos, as an example.
One commonly asked question we hear alot; Is it bad to drain oil from the catch can back into my crankcase?
So this is a common miss-conception; that a "catch can" is intended to clean the oil. It's function is an air / oil separator (AOS) for the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) system. Since the 1960s the EPA has mandated that blow-by gasses from the crankcase not be vented to atmosphere. The solution was the PCV system, where the blow-by is diverted to the intake and ingested by the engine. One of the problems with this system is that along with the blow-by gasses you have particulate oil mass (liquid oil droplets). This is bad because oil has a very low octane value, which can reduce the effective octane rating of the fuel in the combustion chamber. Oil also burns dirty and has a negative effect on emissions systems. The answer to this problem is installing an air / oil separator somewhere between were you draw the blow-by out of the engine and where it enters the intake air stream. EVERY engine that has a PCV system has a AOS of some type. In the early days this might have been a simple fiber mesh that sheared off the oil droplets and allowed them to drain into the bottom of the air filer housing, to be wiped up when you changed your air filter. Modern AOS systems are more sophisticated and effective; and share a common feature…once the liquid oil mass is separated from the blow-by gasses, it drains back into the crankcase.
As a side note, if you put a supercharger on your GEN III HEMI that replaced your intake manifold, you just removed the stock Air Oil Separator. (On a 6.4 It’s the square box built onto the side of the intake manifold that the PCV valve fits in. You should consider doubling up on your aftermarket “catch cans”; remember how much oil it caught even when the engine had one built in?)
A2Speed has every HEMI upgrade you could imagine. Search through a catalog of our favorite performance upgrades for each engine platform.SHOP NOW
Superchargers are the most cost-effective way of adding horsepower to a modern HEMI engine. We carry many different brands and types of superchargers.SHOP NOW
HEMI crate engines are a great addition to any “Resto Mod” project. We can find a way to HEMI swap just about any vehicle!SHOP NOW
- About Us
- What We Do
- How We Do It
- Our Quality
A2Speed’s GEN III HEMI BackgroundMany of us at A2Speed have been working on the Gen III since its inception. As a team we are immersed in the Hemi world. We own, drive, modify, race and occasionally…break them. We use this experience to create SOLUTIONS, not just parts. Automotive engineering has advanced such that it is often difficult to improve on the work done by the OEMs. Difficult, not impossible. Utilizing advanced 3D modeling, CFD and stress simulations coupled with rapid prototyping, allow for the development of specialized parts that would be impractical at OEM volumes. Solutions validated with real world testing. Craftsmen level quality; and because we don’t have the layered overhead, our prices are often at or below the OEM price.
Advanced Aerospace Grade MachiningProduction manufacturing is performed by partner companies that have proven track records for quality and timely deliveries. We look for certifications such as ISO-9001 and AS-9100 along with ITAR and GIDEP registrations. Several of the companies we work with regularly supply major aerospace firms and the DOD. Why use outside machining services? So that you get a better part at a better price. By utilizing only the machine cycles we need, and leveraging the superior skills and years of experience, A2Speed can give you exceptional quality at truly affordable prices.
Our company is guided by a set of core values and beliefs
- We know that we are a community, not a “market”.
- We recognize that we serve this community at the pleasure of its members.
- We understand the passions, challenges and rewards that drive the enthusiast.
- We believe that function drives form, improved performance improves appearance.
- We know that one company can’t do it all, therefore we value partnerships.
How This Applies to Our Customers
- We never settle for anything less than perfection.
- All of our parts are put under intense testing before being released to you
- You can feel secure because we use both our closest partners and our own cars to test A2Speed’s products
- Finally we know that just having a great product isn’t enough, thus we strive to offer superior customer service, and the lowest prices. Giving you the best experience possible from start to finish.
5.7L to 6.4L, 392 CID HEMI Crate EngineThe 5.7L to 392 CID HEMI crate engine offers a completely forged short block as a base. Upgrading...
Edelbrock E-Force HEMI SuperchargersEdelbrock’s E-force HEMI supercharger kits deliver incredible horse power and torque while...
Thitek "Bear" GEN III HEMI Heads The THITEK GIIIH "Bear" is the first aftermarket available cylinder head for the Late Model Hemi...
B & G Performance and A2Speed TuningB & G Performance and A2Speed have joined forces to provide you with the best tuning...